Tap Dance Freedom Summer Intensive
July 2 - July 7
Scholarships available in the application.
The 5th year of the Tap Dance Freedom Summer Intensive continues to be a unique learning experience for tap dancers. Over 6 days, you will learn:
- Strength and Flexibility exercises for tap dancers.
- Fundamental techniques and vocabulary variations.
- advanced training methodologies including how to practice and cross-training.
- Music and Rhythm theory specifically designed for tap dancers.
- Improvography (NEW for 2018!)
- Grooves and Accents (NEW for 2018!)
- Learn a brand new piece of choreography by Andrew Nemr.
This intensive is a great opportunity for intermediate, advanced, and pre-professional dancers, as well as tap dance educators!
Here’s what a participant had to say:
“Spending a week under the gentle and inspiring guidance of Andrew was eye opening for me. Not only did I connect with so many new dancers from all over the world, I learned about how we got there in the first place, through Andrew’s extensive knowledge of tap dance history. His stories of working with the great dancers who came before us – Jimmy Slyde, Gregory Hines, Savion Glover – compliment his teaching of techniques I can now use both in my own dancing and in my teaching. It’s my favorite week of the year.
Artistic Director and Teaching Artist
Kona Dance and Performing Arts